Disclaimer: I've never been known for having an exceptionally narrow taste in music; in fact, sometimes my interests jump rather drastically from one genre to another. Occassionally I'll skip from Michael Jackson to Pantera without a thought. Lucky for me, the Lonely Note provides a haven for me to discuss an eclectic range of music without apologies. Once or twice a month I put together a mix of new music that I've been listening to - Some of which is more mainstream, and some which is fairly underground. Realizing that not everyone will appreciate every single track that I put on a mix, my goal of posting the tracklisting is to not only provide a collection of some current interests, but to hopefully turn the reader onto some new tunes.
This most recent mix covers some new tracks that I've been listening to within the past couple weeks. In general, the tracks on this particular mix are arranged to flow from hardest to softest. Opening with harder rock, the disc transitions into indie/garage rock, which then turns toward new wave, and finally wraps up with some folky chamber pop.
So, without further rambling, here is...
Tae's June 15 Mix:
1) Static-X - I'm the One
2) Dream Theater - I Walk Beside You
3) Finch - Brother Bleed Brother
4) Dredg - Bug Eyes
5) 30 Seconds to Mars - Attack
6) Billy Corgan - Mina Loy (M.O.H.)
7) 10 Years - Wasteland [acoustic version]
8) the Sights - Circus
9) Mando Diao - God Knows
10) Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
11) Of Montreal - The Party's Crashing Us
12) Fischerspooner - Cloud
13) Phoenix - Everything is Everything
14) New Order - Jetstream
15) Morcheeba - Wonders Never Cease
16) Architecture in Helsinki - The Owls Go
17) Caribou - Hello Hammerheads
Cool mix...yours is definitely more underground than mine. I will post that here soon.
what the hell do you have me listening to?
Post a Comment